Tuesday, January 24, 2012

And everything's the same back in my little town

I'm liking my life at the moment. There are a lot of things happening for me right now and I am positively excited for my future. But I have for a number of reasons had conversation with folks in the town I am originally from and they have been hard to have.

First of all, they are going through some hard times. My hometown is economically depressed and there are a lot of people there unemployed or underemployed. The causes for economic failure are complex and the only thing approaching a solution that I can offer is to suggest they move.

And with them having a hard time, there are some people back there that aren't wanting to hear about my success. It would be nice if everyone I know was selfless enough to wish someone well while they are down, but they're not and I am not mad at them for that. But it does urge me to run the old tapes of me being guilty for wanting what I want and getting what I want.

But, as they say in baseball about having four power hitting outfielders and only three positions, it's a nice problem to have.



Simon and Garfunkel

No comments: