Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sorry.

This is the week that I have to actually make amends where I can.  I told Stella almost everything I said here.  I think I will tell Portia in person as well.  I have decided to leave Winnie well enough alone, although I would love to know what has become of her since we last spoke about five years ago.  I have no idea what I will do about Wilma.

But the apology of the letters seems relatively meager compared to the harm done.  I am not sure if the apologies will be welcome.  And thus, I am not sure about passing the harm test, since Step 9 says that the amends need to not be made where they will cause harm.

However the program calls for amends to be made and there must be a reason for it.  I have trusted the program thus far and it has helped me, so I will continue to follow the program.  But whether or not I execute the other letters, I think it was important to identify the areas where I hurt people.  Hopefully it will keep me from making those mistakes again.



Not sure what I am going to do if I need another "I'm sorry" song.

No comments: