Thursday, February 02, 2012

Trust

I just sent the laptop off to be repaired and as usual my lovely ACoA tendencies showed up in full force. The repairman that I chose to use to fix my laptop's keyboard had a website but no physical address, which worried me. He came over to my house and picked up my laptop. He had me fill out a paper indicating that he was going to work on it and that he received my money. But he didn't give me anything that showed that he actually had my laptop.

Being the son of two paranoids, I began to panic that I had just given a computer to a guy who was just going to walk away with it never to return. I asked for a receipt and the guy looked at me like I was from Mars. He wrote down on the back of his business card that he picked up the laptop and left me with that.

While I don't think that asking for a receipt was out of line (it protects him as much as it does me), it was clearly born of my distrust of pretty much, well, everyone. It was another instance of my mother's trying to protect me crippling me instead.

Fly Lady Update:

Didn't do any flying today. I think I will go put the dishes away out of the dishwasher once I am done, but I didn't get anything else done today. I will try to make up for it on the weekend.



The Cure, Trust

No comments: