Sunday, February 05, 2012

Throw It All Away

Today is all Fly Lady, so...

Fly Lady Update:

I cleaned out the closet in my computer room today and I moved my clothes in there so that Kathy can put her clothes in the master bedroom closet. When I moved into this house years ago, clothes that I didn't wear with frequency were put in the computer room. A lot of the clothes were from my life back north.

I tossed a lot of flannel shirts, which have little use down here. I tossed some dress shirts that I don't like the look of. I tossed some shirts and pants which, alas, I don't fit anymore. And it took me on a walk down memory lane.

I remembered my life back in radio with Wilma and in Internet service with Winnie and how different my life was then. It was quite emotional and quite difficult going through everything. I several times found myself wanting to save a few things because of the memories. But I will always have the memories even without the triggers.

But the strangest thing I noticed was that I kept a lot of things that I had no idea why I did. So I gathered them all and tossed them. I'm not at the point where I feel better when I do this, but at least I don't feel violated anymore.



Zero 7

No comments: