Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I hope you had the time of your life

I debated long and hard about whether I should write this entry and I have decided that I needed to. Once we get into it, you'll see why.

As it turns out, an old lover has a blog of her own (about other matters) and has seen fit in recent days to discuss (among other things) both me and why we broke up.

Before discovering ACA and working the program, I would have reflexively lashed out to defend myself, as I have had a tendency to do whenever I have felt threatened, justifiably or otherwise.

I am not doing that now and please do not take this post as my doing that (although I could see an argument could be made that I am doing it, hence my debate about this post.) In the end, there is nothing I need to defend myself about. We were ultimately not right for each other. That's the simple bottom line.

As to who was more justified in doing or not doing this, that, or the other, that's the drama addiction calling to me like a sea siren. But I shall not founder against those rocks. People who were privy to the facts of the matter have made up their own minds (as has she, as have I). And to the rest of you, it's merely an opportunity to show that I realized that something didn't work and I am now looking for something that does. And I believe that Kathy and I do.

It's something unpredictable
But in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

— Billie Joe Armstrong, Green Day



For the record, I didn't remember the actual title of this song was what it was.

No comments: